Pulmonological Terminology

I have a nasty habit of giving things names that are unconventional.  I think I either developed it because I work in pediatrics, or I had it already and it made me better suited for pediatrics.  I thought I'd share with you some of my official terminology.
  • Wiggs - Chest Wiggle Factor, High Frequenty Oscillator Ventilation wiggle
    "We've got good wiggs"
  • O's - Oxygen FiO2
    "Slammin' him with O's!"
  • Boogz - Secretions
    "I got out some nasty yellow thick boogz" or "Do you think he might need suctioned more?" "nah, I havent gotten a single boog out all night"
  • Cards - Cardiology
  • Surf - Surfactant
  • Poop-face - The angry face a baby makes as it brady's itself down having a poop
  • Brewing-a-poop - tummy grumbles prior to a poop.
  • Tummy-grumps - Tummy grumbles!
  • Grumps - Grumpy kid!
  • Pterodactyl - a certain angry sound neonates make
  • Raptor roar - another type of angry sound neonates make

No comments:

Post a Comment